Friday, March 04, 2011

12 days!

So I dropped Mom off at the Westin hotel in Itasca this morning. She has a 12-day bus tour to Palm Springs. This is her first tour since November, so it is overdue for us to spend a little time apart. They are traveling through St. Louis, Amarillo TX (And the Big Texan steakhouse!), Oklahoma City, and Albuquerque before hitting California.

That required waking up at 5 am for a 6:30 dropoff. The office is only a few minutes away, so I arrived at 6:45 with over an hour to go before I could start working. I went down to the cafe and ate some of my banana pudding and slept. I did my 8-5 thing and was happy to find out I will get a nearly $1,000 raise.

I could have stopped for dinner, I was thinking about a sandwich at Potbelly's, but I passed. Instead, I fought off the rain and hit Starbucks for a chai tea. Group was very mixed. Why that one person has a problem with me, I don't understand.

After so much time out of the house, 14 hours to be exact, I went home. I wanted to stop by Wheaton Academy to check out the Warriors and their shot at winning a regional title, but I was just gassed. They won anyway! Finally, a title of some sort for that program. Now they play Crane, who the Trib ranked as No. 19 in Chicagoland. Sounds like quite the challenge. But it's time for WA to to do something big in the IHSA playoffs.

Other thoughts:

1) I am so excited to meet someone tomorrow. I really think there might be something here. Really, I do.

2) Four weeks till the Mets open up! Despite the likely mediocre season that will unfold, I am really starting to get excited. Why oh why?

3) Wow, the Rangers won a game. Yippee. Beat Philadelphia for the first time on Sunday and I will be impressed. Ottawa is putrid anyway.

4) Banana pudding always gets the love.

5) Tied to the whipping post! Thank you Allman Brothers Band!

No comments: