Thursday, March 24, 2011

Free Thursday

So I will be working Saturday morning. And some people seem surprised I chose to take Thursday off instead of Friday. Well I did it for two main reasons. One, it's one less day I have to dress up this week. Two, I far prefer having a break right in the middle of the week as opposed to at the end.

I am going to relish this day. I got to sleep two hours later than I normally would. And I'm very happy to see that my large tax refund has come in from the government. Of course, 3/4 of that goes straight to bills...

Will hang with Dayna and having lunch at Prime, my second time there. Last time, I went with the BLT&A burger, sans the mayo of course. I think this time, it'll be the Drunken Bull Burger, a Kobe patty with crispy prosciutto, sauteed mushrooms, and onions, and bleu cheese (which will be replaced by Swiss cheese) served on a grilled pretzel roll. Maybe a Bananas Foster shake to go with?

The Rangers have won 7 of their last 8 games. I am absolutely thrilled with how this team is playing. And they won their last two games without Marc Staal! But Marian Gaborik is scoring goals, Henrik Lundqvist's level of goaltending has continued to get better (he has recorded a league-high 10 shutouts), and that line of Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky, and Artem Anisimov is playing so cohesively, even better than they did at the start of the season.

In all likelihood, they will play Washington or Philadelphia in the first round, with an outside chance of Boston if they can pass Montreal and grab sixth place. I think I will take my chances with Washington, a team that never plays well when the pressure is high, whose goaltending is still questionable, and a team that the Rangers have won 3 of 4 games against this season.

Song pick: "That Loving You Feeling Again" Roy Orbison and Emmylou Harris

No comments: