Thursday, July 10, 2014

10 thoughts of the moment

1) I'm so over Naperville Ribfest. The admission was 15 bucks this year. The best entertainment they had was George Thorogood & the Destroyers, Foghat, and the former lead singer of Supertramp. And I had ribs from three different places. None were anywhere near as good as the ribs I had four days prior at Smoque.

2) Maggie seems to be adjusting better, even with mom gone. She's sleeping well and doesn't cry anymore, at least not when I'm around. She loves organic dog food, made out of buffalo. If that isn't a bougie dog...

3) Itasca, IL still has the best fireworks I've ever seen. Throw in 100 friends and it just makes you feel good about life.

4) I did go down to Soldier Field for the USA vs. Belgium World Cup soccer game. I stood on the field, surrounded by a couple thousand of teenagers. Dang to think I was one one of them! It actually was a fun experience, even though the good guys lost.

5) Had a good three-way chat with Alison and Carrie from my small group yesterday for about two hours. We're all job searching and that gave us a good chance to express ourselves and let off just a little steam. That's community right there.

6) Ten days till the next men's bacon and beer tasting at Paddy Long's downtown. Had five guys last year. This year, eight are already confirmed.

7) It seems like the last three days, my eating habits are healthy breakfast, healthy lunch, healthy snack, and then the worst dinner I can find. Salads, Strawberries, Naked juice, chicken/rice/broccoli followed by sausage pizza, burger salad and fresh cut fries at Lucky Monk, Italian beef at Portillo's, etc.

8) I think 5 years from now, people in Americaa will look at drinking a soda with as much disdain as smoking a cigarette.

9) I'm ready for some more 90 degree weather. This 75-80 would be much better in September and October.

10) Still doing what I can to save money/not be bored. Sometimes that feels like an impossible combination.

Song pick: "Heart Won't Tell a Lie" Los Lonely Boys

No comments: