Sunday, July 20, 2014

Now what?

I really don't have much logic or thought; I just feel like I need to vent. I don't expect anyone who cares to be reading. I'm guessing it's strangers and the two or three people I know of who love to see me hurt. As in the Middle of (Springfield) Village...

1) Mom says I'm going bald. She apparently found a quarter size spot on the front of the top of my head. I have always been self-conscious about my looks and now I feel even more ashamed.

2) I have had a skin rash for over a week. My left forearm, the inside of my hips, my ankles, most of my legs, the sides of my stomach. Plus my left leg still has a lump from the injury I suffered in May. I have no idea what's happening to me. Why is my body falling apart?

3) The Mets' season is hooked up to the respirators. After a nice winning streak/tease leading into the All-Star break, they drop 2 of 3 to a Padres team that is awful! Unless they sweep Seattle, they are sellers and inconsequential in the NL playoff race. What else is new...

4) I organized a second annual bacon and beer tasting for the guys at Paddy Long's. Six of us showed up. I started with a three bacon and cheddar omelette. Excellent when there is more bacon than egg. We had our five bacons and five beers. Plus three orders of bacon grenades and some deep fried cheesecake. After church, this was my second religious experience of the day.

5) At least a walk around Lake Arlington on Friday night went well. A kiss is just a kiss...

No comments: