Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Things I'm noticing

1) The George Harrison tree was destroyed by beetles. Somewhere between funny and sad.

2) Why is it in every small group and meeting, there is always one person who doesn't know when to be quiet and let someone else speak?

3) One week to go in my 7th Master's class: action research and consulting. I've earned 818 out of 830 points. As long as I get a decent final project in, it looks like I'll keep up my 4.0 GPA. It's a good feeling. I wish I could have done high school trig online; I might have been decent!

4) It's strange how so many days take so long to go by, then I look back and it feels like a blur.

5) I'm not ready to say I've given up soda. But I could see myself sticking to one a week.

6) Went back to the driving range for the first time in over a year. I didn't get off to a good start, as I grounded 9 or 10 balls in a row. Once I went to my trusty 5-wood, I started whipping shots between 150 and 200 yards. I could even knock my driver 250 yards. But the iron gave me issues. Finally, I decided to turn my left foot in and open up my right foot, so I could get a wider, smoother backswing. It worked well and I hit some high arching iron shots afterwards.

7) As it sometimes happens when I play golf, I now have some nice blisters on my hands, probably from gripping the clubs too tightly. One big round one on the bottom of my middle finger and another on the outside of my lower right index finger. Time to bust out the Neosporin.

8) RIP James Garner. Just a shame some people only know him from "The Notebook"

9) One of these days, I really want to visit New Mexico. There's something mysterious and appealing about it that makes me want to go. Maybe it's the green chile.

10) Movies on Thursday night. Thinking it'll either be "Begin Again" or "Persecuted." Hoping it goes well.

No comments: