Sunday, May 26, 2019

Another 5 quick hits

1) This has been a pretty tough month on my budget. It seems as though almost halfway through May, I ran out of grocery money. Then again, when I stocked up on liquor and Whitley's nuts, I guess that took care of that. And I only did two blood donations in the first 20 days or so of the month, so I'm picking that up to try to get some extra cash for expenses. And June won't be a whole lot easier as I start with a $74 charge for mom's Mother's Day gift.

2) I had absolutely no idea what to do for Memorial Day. I mean, I never have a day where I have absolutely no commitments. And that includes Sundays, which involve church and then sometimes the Jets. But this Monday, I have absolutely nothing to do and I can do what I choose. I decided to go tubing down the James River. I haven't gone tubing in many years, but I'm really looking forward to it.

3) If a phone charger is advertised as being a wireless charger, wouldn't that imply that you don't need a plug and outlet in order to charge it? Sure, you'll need to charge the charger, but once that's powered up... tech companies, does this not make sense?

4) In some exciting news, it looks as though we have found a buyer for our house in St. Charles. I really hope mom find some place to retire where she can be content and happy. I know her standards are way up there, so it's difficult for her. But after all the crap she has been through in the last 20 years, she really deserves to be happy for her remaining years. And I hope that's a lot more years.

5) On my way to Citi Field. I've got about 45 minutes until I board the plane from Virginia to LaGuardia. And hopefully afterwards,  I'll get to meet a certain girl who I've been talking to in the last week. It's one of those where I would really like it to work out, but I've been disappointed and let down so many times, that I don't want to get my hopes up.

No comments: