Friday, May 17, 2019

Back to Chi town, part 3

Cleaners to get my suit
Picked up potted plants at Lowe's with mom
She's pretty desperate to get this house sold
But it's not as if she has her next residence picked out
Thankfully, we didn't fight on this trip

Drop off at the Courtyard hotel in Arlington Heights
McAllister's catered the pre-wedding at the chapel
Tried to show one of the guys how to tie a tie
I'm amazed there are men in their 30's who don't know how
Two of the other ushers could've passed for Aiden English and Rusev
The wedding went about as well as it could've, only about 30 minutes
I got to read 1 Corinthians 13
The pastor used about 4 or 5 Star Wars references
Lindsay's 3 year old son was the ring bearer and he's an absolutely awesome kid.

Off to the reception where I mainly drank red wine
After Matt and his mom did their dance, the Rangers goal song came on, so of course, I had to sing the "Let's Go Rangers"
Natalie and I then left for Hart's birthday party at Pac Man Entertainment
I only stayed a half hour, but I saw so many old friends.
I was nearly in tears, but I couldn't bring myself to cry. 
These people comprised the bulk of my social life for eight years.
Michael, Mario, Jennifer, Kim, Jeff, Christina, etc

The next morning, I went to the private breakfast buffet at the hotel and watched the newly married couple open their gifts
Everybody in the room looked like they were ready to fall over and pass out asleep. 
We stayed in the room a little late and missed church, bad job.
After a quick Starbucks run, she dropped me off at Kuma's in Schaumburg
Met up with Q
He's never been one to talk about his personal life, but I could tell he needed an escape and he was thankful I provided that for him
Unfortunately he was wearing all Cubs gear, including a 2016 ring.
Amazing burgers
He dropped me off at O'Hare around 1 pm
I got bumped off two nonstop flights and there was no way to connect to Philly or Charlotte, unless I left at 11 pm and even then, the Monday morning flights to Virginia looked terrible
Slept overnight in this God forsaken airport
Time to hit up the Admirals Club
Four glasses of red wine, topped off with a Budweiser for dessert

I got the last seat on the first nonstop the next morning
My alternative was to fly to Richmond an hour later, rent a car, drive to Norfolk, get my bag and car, and drive back north to Newport News and go to work for a couple of hours
As it turned out, I arrived around 11:30 and the boss was understanding.
Just had a lot more time to make up during the week

No comments: