Monday, May 27, 2019

Freestyle on Connections

You know I didn't grow up with a sister or a brother
All I had was a father and a mother
Took me a long time to learn to to play with the others
Had to keep my fears and struggles under cover

Man, in my mid 20s through mid 30s, I grew
Made so many friends true, oh, how the time flew with the crew
Each week filled with hopes and promises new

Then I decided to leave, I knew my time was done
Had a great run, but it just wasn't as much fun
Took a chance, flying towards the sun

Found a group in church, we grew so fast
But with kids, divorce, and job changes, we didn't last
From 18 people to 6 in 2 months, just like that we're in the past
Still leaves me aghast

I meet some folks, I'm waiting on a call back, even a text
What did I do wrong, did I not impress?
No invites to any events
I'm stuck back in the sane old mess

Social media, man, it can be such a drain
These keyboard warriors, dishing out pain
The hate spewed out is driving me insane
You get blocked when you go against the grain

Nobody's gonna just come and knock on my door
It's on me to put myself out more
So what am I waiting for?

Looking for those local that I can call friends
Ones that will never ever end
The times together we'd spend
God, that's what I'm asking you, to me, to send

The search goes on...

No comments: