Sunday, November 07, 2004

If I could come back again...

After another horrible sports weekend (the Knicks stinking the Garden like a herd of skunks, the Jets doing what they do best, blowing big games, and the Giants sucking like a straw TO THE BEARS OF ALL TEAMS!!!) I think I need to do something. I don't really think there's reincarnation, but if there is, if I could come back again, I want to be a man of the arts. I want to be the kind of guy that goes to art museums. A guy that goes to the theater. A guy that listens to opera music. I want to go to the Met, not root for the Mets. I want Picasso, not Pennington. I want Mozart, not Marbury. I want Pavarotti, not Piazza.

I think my life would be a lot less stressful and aggravating this way. I have enough in my life already. Seeing these kind of performances is like adding oxygen to a fire.

So God, if there is another life, make me a man of the arts. Don't make me the wacky crazy disheartened sports fan that I am.

1 comment:

Geds said...

It's parity, baby, yeah!