Thursday, November 04, 2004

The search is over, Cold Stone, Jets notes

Willie Randolph is the new Mets manager. All I can say is... at least we didn't get Terry Collins, whoever he is. He may be distant cousin for all I know. He's a winner and a communicator. He's never managed beofre, but that's fine by me. He's observed enough. I just wonder why he had 11 previous manage interviews before this one and never got a gig. That makes me a tad uneasy. Then again, everything the Mets do makes me a little uneasy.

Cold Stone Creamery ice cream cakes rock. Just munching on a big slice of Cookie Dough Delight. No I'm not a huge sweets eater and this basement is getting cold, so it begs the question. What am I doing eating ice cream cake at 11:30 p.m. on a cold night. Well, mom's dieting so someone's gotta do it! Tough job.

I taped the Jet-Dolphin game from Monday night. Watched it several times. I'm excited. The team is young and I still think they're going to get better as the season progresses. And Lamont Jordan has to get a few runs every game. I love Curtis Martin, but a little Lamont makes them better. Example: 3rd quarter: Martin runs 3 plays, goes out. Jordan runs 1. Martin stays out, Jets throw a pass that Wayne Chrebet drops in the endzone. Martin comes back in and runs 25 yards down the right sideline into the endzone. He has to stay fresh. Herman Edwards has got to rotate these 2 running backs so Curtis can be effective for the final part of the season. And I have never seen a Jet defense this good. Speed, speed, and more speed. If Ray Mickens hadn't gone out, it would be amazing. Their secondary is young (Erik Coleman, Derrick Strait in particular), but they'll limit those big plays they are prone to giving up from time to time. David Barrett and Reggie Tongue are jst not what they need. First priority in next year's draft should be a cornerback. But meanwhile let's focus on the season. Without hockey, I need it!

No comments: