Monday, April 18, 2005

Ecclesia recap

Great service last night. I saw a few people I haven't seen in several months.

Clayton talked about Moses, which is where we'll be for the next two weeks. I was sitting right near where he was speaking. I had my hair combed back (with gel Dad) and had on a silk black t-shirt. When he gets to the story of the plagues, he comes over to me and says "Let my people go."

Now in Ecuador, I played Eve while he was the snake. Now I'm the Pharaoh. Evidently, I qualify to play all the evil characters! I guess Judas Iscariot and King Saul are in store now.

The setup was certainly unique, if not bizarre. The whole floor was covered in Corn Flakes. Apparently, the reference comes out of Exodus 16. I was told it took 40 boxes of cereal to make the whole floor look the way it did.

Afterward, about 10 of us went to Culver, a Dairy Queen knockoff sitdown restaurant, which has good root beer. I just don't trust frozen custard or butterburgers. And the employees wear the absolute worst uniforms I have ever seen in a fast food restaurant. They even make Steak n Shake look halfway decent. The point is though, it was a good time, and it kind of reminded me of the old latter high school days. Those were good days.

No comments: