Thursday, April 14, 2005

A shoot

And since this post is apparently not going to be erased by a faulty system like my last one was, I'd like to take this time to thank you for reading my blog. For the last 6 months, I have filled this space with commentary, writings, feelings, facts, opinions, and rants. This is a rant. This rant will be very direct and very calm. And no comments will be allowed here.

Apparently my beloved volleyball captain Dana has decided she doesn't want to play me in the playoffs this weekend for my team, Order on The Court. Accoring to her, my energy is not making certain people feel comfortable and they want the game on Sunday to be one of peace and tranquility. Apparently these people won't talk to me. They go straight to the powers that be. And so they have simply decided to replace me this weekend in the first playoff game that I would have ever particiapted in.

Now in an environment where everyone wants to be real with each other and everyone wants to do a shoot, this my loyal readers is a shoot. I hate this stinking league's tactics. I hate them for abandoning me. I hate them for not acknowledging how important my role is on that team. I hate them for not talking to me face to face. I hate them for overreacting to people every time someone gets a little upset. I hate them for not accepting the fact that I'm lively when I play. And that they refuse to accept I don't have it in me to just shut up and play. That's not who I am.

And if they think I will just fade away, well, that just ain't happening.

So I think I'll just show up on Sunday. And I won't mind watching my "teammates" get swept right out of the Wheaton Academy fieldhouse.

Dana, you'd better take the $300 you collected from the team that you're going to give to the league commissioner and you had better spend it on recruiting halfway decent players. In other words, someone far better than you. And I promise you, the war has just begun.