Monday, April 11, 2005

Quick notes

I haven't been able to publish anything over the last week, so I'll just say a few things right now.

In fantasy basketball, I finished 5th in one league and lost the championship semifinal by ONE POINT! I deserved to win, but now I'm playing for third this week.

Fantasy Baseball has sucked. I lost by 15 to Geddes, mostly because he overachieved and my players were terrible. I made a lot of bad personnel moves, truth be told. Well, it's not going to happen again. I'm in 9th out of 10 in the Daily Herald League. I know it's 1 week in, but it's hard to blimb out of these types of holes. Things are not good.

The Mets are 1-5. At least Pedro's looked really good. This team hasn't been bad as the record says, but nothing really went our way the first 5 games. Hopefully, Shea will be good to us. And it kills me to watch Aaron Heilman fall so far. But I could tell watching him pitch in Norfolk in 2002, something was not quite right. He didn't have that ability to get hitters out even after he got ahead 1 ball, 2 strikes, or 0 balls, 2 strikes. He never out them away. And that's been magnified even more in the majors.

On to good things.

Great win by the Knicks over Indiana in OT.

I'm covering a softball game on Wednesday. Hey Mother Nature, how about some 80 degree weather?

Randy Travis was incredible at Willow Creek Church. His new record is called Passing Through and this one I really recommend. It's funny, I've talked to a few people who say they don't really like country music, but they like him. It's strange because he is so traditional. Ah well, some people just aren't as sophisticated as others...

It's really low to hang up the phone on someone prematurely...

1 comment:

Geds said...

I overachieved, did I?

How about the way Buerhle and Colon got their butts handed to them on Sunday?

I was expecting a 25-5 win, not a 17-6. As far as I'm concerned, my team didn't do as well as it will.

Heck, I've got two of my biggest bats on the DL right now and I still ate your lunch in the offensive categories.

The lesson, as always: watch who you trash talk, bud.