Monday, April 18, 2005

Garbage time

Here's a story from Friday at CPK. We had just opened the patio so it was really busy. Around 2 p.m., my tables started to reduce. Finally I'm left with one before I leave. It's a table of 5 people: 2 moms and 3 little kids. And these were picky moms. These are the kinds who say, "If you want another soda now, you have to drink water with dinner."
All kinds of stuff. Two minutes after they ordered, they apologized and told me they wanted their salad immediately. I can't describe the detailes of this salad without getting writer's cramp.

So I close their check and think they're gone. Three minutes later, the bussercomes to me and tells me they want to see me. Apparently the little boy had a Game Boy Advance, which has really small game cartridges. Tey thought they had left one of the games on a plate and that I had thrown it out. So three of us take this full huge can of trash outside the restaurant and start digging through this for a good ten minutes.

Finally we realize after no luck, that even if we find the game, it's ruined anyway. So I go back inside to tell them the bad news. Just as I'm getting there, the boy realizes that the game was in his BACKPACK the whole time!

All I could really do was laugh.

No comments: