Monday, November 07, 2005

Singing the Blues...

The Big Blue, New York Football Giants that is. I actually didn't watch one moment of NY football on TV today. I was attending to some personal matters regarding volleyball and some steak tacos. We stomp all over the 49ers and next week it's Minnesota, who somehow won today. With this game in NY, I think the Giants will reach 7-2 before the schedule gets tougher as they play home against Philadelphia, go to Seattle, then host Dallas, and visit Philadelphia. Maybe TO will still be suspended for those two games...

My hope is over the next 5 games, they will go 3-2. That would put them at 9-4, and probably only one win away from at least a wild card berth. I think that's very realistic.

And the Broadway Blueshirt New York Hockey Rangers. The last time the Rangers beat the Devils three times in a season, I was a high school freshman at St. Joseph's in Metuchen, NJ. Now I'm 2 and a half years out of college. They're in first place in the Atlantic Division, 2 points up on Philly, but they've played 3 more games. To me the key is how many points do you have versus how many you could have. Not to get all Billy Beane Moneyball here, but don't be fooled. To quote an old song, "Enjoy the good times while we can."

And I got my Ranger-Blackhawk ticket for December 7. Section 329, on the corner, Second row of the upper deck. So as you're watching on TV (Actually that's only possible if you're in the New York metropolitan area since the Hawks don't televise their home games), I would be in the upper left corner. After 8 years in the Windy City, it's my first professional hockey game in the City of Broad shoulders. I can't wait.

The Jets played tough, but lost to San Diego, which was expected. Brooks Bollinger showed he is a capable QB. But he's not Tom F'N Brady for the record. Some bad news: WR Wayne Chrebet got another concussion on a third down pass that he caught for a first down. Kind of ironic that's going to be his final pass reception. Thank you #80.

Congratulations to Jets RB Curtis Martin on his 100th career TD. Anyone who says New York athletes become great because of the media hype need only look at him. Because he is the antithesis of that theory. As about as humble, giving, professional, and classy an athlete can be.
Oh, at Ecclesia tonight (www.ecclesiawheaton.com), we were talking about vacations. I got to tell the story of my trip to Cancun and the Mexican Screaming contest. If you want to read more, flip back to last November's archives.


And finally, we're getting the speedy DSL Internet connection at home tomorrow! Whooooooooooooooo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very clever--singing the blues-I really wish I could have come out there for the Ranger game-that would have been fun-I'll be watching, and looking for you.