Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Anybody object...

to me referring to the basement in my house as a dungeon, please let me know. The term "basement" just doesn't say enough in my humble opinion. And if you saw the amount of light in where my computer is, you know why I use the term I choose to use.

Well, mom pulled off one of her rare "ding-dong!" moves today. At my house, we have three cars and only space for 2. So at night, 2 cars go in the garage and the third in the driveway behind another car. So she and Unger are headed to the doctor's office. They take the Jeep, which was in the driveway and not blocked. They take off to Maywood or somewhere near downtown Chicago leaving one car trapping another car in the garage. Guess which car was mine? 50-50 shot here...

Yeah, it was trapped. So my mom's car is keeping me from driving my car to work. All I could do was go into her car (which was unlocked) and start digging for keys. 30 seconds and I knew I wouldn't find them. Turns out she took her keys in her purse. In other words, I had no way of driving to work. So I had to sprint/walk for 35 minutes in 25 degree weather to work. Was I cold? Uh, that would be the case. Luckily, they're not too picky what time I arrive.

Fortunately, I realized they didn't mean to drive me crazy (at least not this time), so I stayed cool. OK, poor choice of words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.