Thursday, November 03, 2005

Can't beat the style

Well, I finally got back to a Mongolian BBQ. They just don't have enough of them. And thanks to a certain someone's dislike of Asian food, I hardly ever go.

But I went to one in downtown Naperville called BD's and it was quite quite good. There are about 10 locations are so throughout the midwest. What made them stand out was 2 things. One was the variety of meats and seafood. Most of the Mong. BBQ's I've been to have about 3 or 4 meats. This had chicken, duck, ny strip, ribeye, pork, lamb, andouille sausage, calamari, shrimp, scallops, and crab. Man that's hard to narrow down. In the end I took duck, chicken, strip, ribeye, and lamb. By the time I was eating it, I had no idea what was what anyway. Of course I added about 20 cloves of fresh gahhhhlic...

I also had Tazo iced tea. Now I've had tazo hot tea numerous times, usually when I'm fighting a cold or just freezing cold. I'm a big tea drinker. But this was fine tea. Just needed some saccharine/the pink stuff!

The only thing they were missing was the Mongolian bread. Now if you've known me for more than 10 minutes, you know I don't touch chocolate, but love bread. I had a 4 loaf-a-day habit. I had to go to Betty Ford and get straightened up. Anyhoo, this bread is a hot crispy flatbread with sesame seeds. It really helps round the meal out.

And for lunch, one bowl with the salad bar is 10 bucks. Not bad. Not too bad. All in all, I give a thumbs up for BD's.

No comments: