Tuesday, May 16, 2006

DaVinci Code Friday night

It looks as if I'm probably going to the premiere on Friday night. Or as Kane calls it MAY 19!!!!!! I think it's funny that See No Evil, the very gory movie about Kane and the DaVinci Code come out on the same day.

If I do go, I will definitely post my comments. I have not read the book, and don't plan to at this point.

Jose Lima will get another start for the Mets this week. I think I'm going to cry.

As far as the Knicks go, Larry Brown can take a hike, but I'd much rather see Kiki Vandeweghe take over Isiah Thomas' role as GM. Brown will probably wind up in Sacramento. But here's some good news. There are rumors the Knicks will try to get Ben Gordon from Chicago to play point guard. I would get him at almost any cost. He always hits big shots, especially against the Knicks and he is a young superstar. I would trade Steve Francis or Stephon Marbury (Chicago needs a shooting guard), Nate Robinson, and both first round picks (22 and 29) to get him. The only guys I would absolutely keep are Eddy Curry, Channing Frye, David Lee, and Jamal Crawford. Quentin Richardson would be good to keep, but he may have to be traded to make it work. Everyone else can get out of MSG and stop disgracing the Knick tradition and the fans. And hey, we're already giving Chicago the No. 1 or 2 overall pick, why not help them more?!

Great Ecclesia message this past Sunday night from Ted Coniaris (Who I sometimes call the con man) on 1 Corinthians 13, aka the love chapter.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but if I have not love, I gain nothing." Absolutely nothing.

For more, go to www.ecclesiawheaton.com

No comments: