Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Rain brings boredom

Well we have a thunderstorm and possible tornado for the northwest suburbs, but not near where I am. We had some rain on and off today but looking outside, it's a night blue sky fading into that shade of pink that lets you know the warm weather is coming.

But the rain has caused several soccer playoff games to be postponed and so I thought I'd take a few minutes to post to you my peeps.

First of all, the best wrestler in the world that's not in WWE, Samoa Joe, injured his knee this week. Apparently he injured every ligament except the ACL. An MRI has him missing 3-4 weeks, which would have him back just in time for the Ring of Honor show I will be attending June 24. (I got a fourth row seat too!) And his matches are worth the proce of admission by themselves, so it will be a huge disappointment for me if he doesn't wrestle. But you have to be smart with those kinds of injuries.

I won't be seeing the DaVinci Code this Friday as my boss' wife is pregnant again and he is taking some time off to be with her. So I have to work. But that's fine, most of the reviews I've seen so far are negative. And besides, I'd rather save the 10 bucks anyway. Actually I may have already spent some of it on a couple of hot dogs and fries at at Portillo's this afternoon!

And the same day I signed up for Ring of Honor, I'm also doing a financial stewardship class at Willow Creek Church that morning. I could use a little advice about money, so hopefully this will give me some insight. And straight from there I drive 50 minutes to watch wrestling. Hopefully, the lessons from that morning and afternoon won't be haunting me that night! Nah, ROH puts on good shows. I think it'll be fine.

Thanks to my father for advising me to pick up Jake Westbrook. I did and tonight against KC he's pitched a complete game shutout, allowed 6 hits, struckout only 2, and walked nobody. Then again, it is Kansas City, a team that has Doug Mientkiewicz entrenched as its number three hitter.

I heard that Magic Johnson Michael Jordan, and Charles Barkley would consider teaming up to purchase an NBA franchise. That's nice, that's nice. Johnson will run the business end, Jordan the basketball operations, and Barkley the media relations. Let's break this down now. Johnson is a great business man. He owns the movie theaters, is co-owner of Starbuck's, and knows how to make a profit. About the only thing he can't do is host a talk show! Jordan in charge of basketball. Seems decent. Then again, he did draft Kwame Brown number one overall in 2001 when he could have drafted Pau Gasol, Gilbert Arenas (who the Wizards eventually got back anyway), Tony Parker, or Richard Jefferson. So I don't know if that's the man who should be in charge of the roster. And Charles? I like Charles Barkley. But putting him in charge of media relations?! Apparently they believe horrible press is better than no press. What will you do next, make Dennis Rodman the director of community relations? Come on now.

Got some new tires on my car. And the silver Met-mobile continues to cruise in style.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for mentioning your father-I am impressed-have a great and blessed day