Friday, May 26, 2006

How does this work?

At the college I'm working on right now, North Dakota State College of Science, they have a Fundamentals of Public Speaking Class. They have seven sections of that class going on in the upcoming fall semester. And one of them is online. How do you have a public speaking class online? Get a bunch of hackers to watch, maybe some Internet spies or something.

My guess is there is probably a vacant satellite classroom with a camera. The student goes in and does ther speech to the camera. If you're speaking into a camera inside a room where there are no other people, how is that public speaking. Just because the public can watch it later doesn't make it public speaking. And with my experience in this field, I know the path of where I speak.

And I know gas prices are high, war is going on, divorce is high, people are dying from cancer and heart disease every day, but this online public speaking deal has got to stop!

No comments: