Monday, May 29, 2006

Early Monday morning

It's 12:47 am and Memorial Day so I can stay up late and not worry about how I'll feel for work. A couple of thoughts and if you're looking for coherency, read another post.

1) I don't eat at Chili's much, maybe once a year. Each time I get the cajun chicken sandwich. Every time it gets hotter and hotter. This time I think they just rubbed the chicken in just cayenne pepper. My mouth feels better now, about 2 hours later, but that was hot stuff.

2) I'm reading the Junction Boys about the 1954 Texas A&M football team and their legendary coach, Paul Bear Bryant. I'm about halfway through, and it's excellent. Highly recommended.

3) Staying with books, my small group is reading "Messy Spirituality" by Michael Yacconelli. In the first chapter, he asks is there real spirituality possible for people who are not monks or nuns. He wrote "What about the single person in their 20's and 30's, work 60-70 hours a week, have friends who make more money than we do, and and have parents who wonder why we're not married?" And I thought, "That's me! This book is just for me!"

4) Why are there self-help books? If you read a self-help book written by someone else, how is that still self-help.

5) I almost forgot how good Outback is. On Thursday, I had my meal that I probably had about 10-12 times but hadn't had in at least 5 years. Grilled Shrimp appetizer with the 11 oz Outback Special sirloin, medium rare, house salad, mustard vinigarette, baked potato with butter, cheese, and chives on the side. It once got to be such a routine, the waiter never had to ask me about meal options. I just recited the same thing to him. Then I developed a thing for the rack of lamb. It was cool because it had this awesome Cabernet sauce and you got to cut the chops yourself. Then they made this new policy that they had to serve the chops already cut. Somehow it just lost its luster after that. I had to revert back to steak.

6) What is it with me and redheaded women.... Better than red-handed women, I guess.

No comments: