Sunday, November 29, 2009

11:30 and winding down

1) I can't go to bed since I have to work another 15 minutes. My head is pounding, but my stomach feels darn good after that pumpkin cream cheese pie. Thanks Claim Jumper. Considering how large the portions are, the price isn't too insane.

2) I checked my facebook news feed around 10 p.m. and it was the absolute mushiest it has ever been.

3) Watched Goldfinger, Casablanca, and the Green Mile in a 24 hour stretch. And a few minutes of Lethal Weapons 2 and 3 when I was at the gym for good measure. That's a pretty good run of movies.

4) Mom is gone for a week. Only 14 people on this tour. They better tip her generously. Unfortunately, no more tours for her until March.

5) I want to be excited for Sunday night, but I don't know what to expect. After last time, I'm not sure what to feel anymore. Lord knows I won't be able to attend the next event. But most everyone will be there, so it should be cool and all. Even Lamar says she is likely to attend. Are you kidding? I thought it was Groundhog's Day when I read that jazz.

6) The Rangers are rebuilding. Rebuilding. But losing two games by a combined score of 13-4 in Tampa and Pittsburgh is an absolute embarrassment. They really are two years away from contending again with such a young defense and so many mediocre forwards. The scary question is how good will Gaborik and Lundqvist still be by then. It scares me a little.

7) One week till ROH comes back to Chicago Ridge. Doesn't seem that close. No Bryan, No Nigel, No Davey. I need something to really get excited about it...

8) Five days till Guy Fieri in Rosemont. The question is will I go to Smoque or Kuma's before the show for dinner. And I can even go to Kuma's afterward, they are open till 2 a.m. Great job by them. Of course I have to work Friday, but it's nothing a few cherry Cokes won't fix.

9) How did Tommy Bahama have 60 percent off select merchandise at Carson's today and I didn't buy anything? And as beautiful as it was, how can a t-shirt cost $78.00? I would not pay $78.00 for a t-shirt if Ali Larter was wearing it.

10) I love this new office chair that I not only brought, but managed to assemble. Gotta love that soft chestnut leather and extra lumbar support.

Song pick: "How's the World Treating You?" James Taylor and Alison Krauss

No comments: