Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another week down, nothing has really changed

Second straight Friday night I'm writing. I'm too awake to sleep and too lazy to do anything really worthwhile. 24 hours away from the party I'm not invited to...Eh, let's think about something else.

1) Side Effects was an absolute joke of a movie. The story made no sense, it was brutally hard to follow, and the raunchiness at the end was unnecessary and downright disgusting. This is the second time I've gone to a bad Rooney Mara film. Never again. I wish I could get my $11 back...

2) I haven't had a drink in ten days. There have been times I've wanted to, but I'm not going to until March ends. I don't know if I'll feel different after, but we'll stick with it and find out.

3) Got rejected from three jobs this week. Gotta keep plugging away. I just really want to get something in the next month. But I will trust God that he will lead me to the next place I'm supposed to be. Yet, I know I need to keep working hard to get there.

4) My severance check from CEC arrives tomorrow. Thank goodness I am getting it, that money is going to really help me get through the next little while.

5) Cafecito on Congress Street in Chicago makes one of the better Cubano sandwiches I've had. Crunchy, soft bread, the proportions of the ingredients works very well, and the pork is seasoned well and tasted nice and juicy.

6) Smoque. Still the best BBQ in the midwest. St. Louis ribs, sliced brisket, beans, cornbread, oil and vinegar slaw, peach cobbler, sweet tea. Amazing.

7) Since starting the season 18-5, the Knicks are now 18-20. And they have lost four straight games. They look old, slow, and disinterested. I am as livid as I have been at this team since maybe 2003.

8) I'm going to two Mets games in the first week of the season. At least they won't be eliminated already.

9) Ben and Jack's Steakhouse in Manhattan has Greg Norman Shiraz wine...hmm...

10) One week till Ring of Honor's 11th Anniversary show...I so cannot wait!!!


No comments: