Monday, February 04, 2013

End of another week

1) As opposed to what a certain person wrote on FB, somehow this Super Bowl reminded not of 42 and 46, but so much more of 35. Congratulations to the Baltimore Ravens.

2) A few things about the party I went to. I did karaoke before most of the crowd arrived and after hearing Chris butcher three Casting Crowns songs, I did "Bad Bad Leroy Brown." That one went well, but then I did "Piano Man." I was singing one of the high verses when Jason, Natalie, Clarissa, and Andrea all came in. Buzzkill.

3) Tom, who was our host, has a beautiful golden retriever named Daisy. I probably petted her for a good five minutes before I even shook anyone's hand! She was just so friendly and cute.

4) There were a good 100 people there. I think I knew 15. I met another 10-15, but I'll probably never see them again.

5) I really enjoyed spending time with AC. Honestly, I don't think she's the one for me, but boy, she'd be an amazing girlfriend for almost any guy.

6) Moving on. The Insanity DVD workout is one of the toughest workouts I have ever done in my life. 40 minutes of squatting, jumping, stretching...it is, well, insane! My quads and hamstrings are still sore 48 hours after the fact!

7) That's not the only thing wrong with my body. My right pinky is still in terrible shape. I had to remove an air filter after it got mangled up. It happened because we had bought the wrong size.And I had to pull it out of the duct piece by piece and one of the wires sliced my finger. Forget the scar, I can't even get this thing to close up yet. I'd better, since my medical insurance ended Friday.

8) Today is February 3. No more red meat for me for 8.5 days, when I WILL attempt to conquer the 5-pound burger challenge at Fuddrucker's.

9) I have decided to give up alcohol for Lent. That means no drinks between February 13 and March 30, a span of 46 days. I've never given anything up for Lent, but I'm pretty sure I can do it.

10) MacMurray-Carr interview on Monday. Let's see what happens...

No comments: