Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Matter of Perspective

First of all, a very special welcome to our readers, whether I know you or not. Let's get right to it.

1) Had two amazing days of working out. For some reason, I felt very inspired to lift heavier weights than I have ever lifted. 370 pounds on the squat press, 160 pounds on the bench press, 90 pounds on the shoulder press, and 40 pounds on each bicep and tricep. Topped it off with a triple berry protein shake. Then today, I ran two miles, finishing with some chin ups and dips. My 5k is almost two months away, and I want to see if I can beat 20 minutes after completing it in 29 last year. Maybe a little ambitious. But I did another one in just over 23 minutes in September. Why not go for it?

2) Tomorrow's lineup: four hours of an online job workshop and blood giving. Sounds like loads of fun. But they're two important things to do.

3) On Friday, I have to be in Gurnee by 5:30 in the morning to drop Mom off for her first tour of 2013. Basically, we're driving 60 miles northeast and it'll take well over an hour. Then I get to drive right back, that might take closer to 90 minutes. I know I should sleep after waking up that early, but knowing me, that's not about to happen.

4) Zack Wheeler suffers an oblique strain today. A top pitcher gets injured just taking swings in the batting cage. I'm close to laughing, that's almost comical.

5) Mr. Tom Billington. The Dynamite Kid. Gave me a lot to write about. Think I'll save that for another post.

6) American Wolves theme music "Clutch": Nothing pumps me up quite like it.

Song pick: "Silver Springs" Fleetwood Mac



No comments: