Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Betrayal, The Window Up Above

It doesn't ever stop. This is going out to Springfield, OH. Thank you, George Jones, for recording these words. Just another reason why I love old country music much.


I've been living a new way of life that I love so.
But even now the clouds are gathering 
And the storm will wreck our home. 
I thought we belonged together
And that our hearts fit like a glove.
I was wrong for I'd been watching 
From the window up above.

You must have thought that I was sleeping 
And I wish that I had been.
But I guess it's best to get to know you
And the way your heart can sin. 
For last night he held you tightly 
And you didn't even shove. 
This is true for I'd been watching 
From the window up above.
 
From my eyes the teardrops started
As I listened on and on.
I heard you whisper to him softly 
That our marriage was all wrong. 
But I hope he makes you happy 
And that you will never lose his love 
I lost mine when I was watching 
From the window up above.

How I wish I could be dreaming 
And wake up to an honest love.
I was wrong for I was wrong for I'd been watching 
From the window up above.

No comments: