Monday, February 14, 2005

85 minutes to go...

Valentine's Day is about over. It's never really been a big holiday (actually it's not a holiday), a big day for me. I guess I did have a 2-hour phone call with a girl in California quite a few years ago, but I can't even remember that now.

The best part of my Valentine's Day is all the alcohol I served today. I had 39 dollars in counter sales at CPK today, Now on a typical weekday morning, I think I'm doing a pretty good job if I sell 2 drinks. Well today, I sold 5 glasses of wine, a Mai-Tai, and a cosmopolitan. It will be tough to keep that kind of momentum tomorrow, if such a thing exists. Maybe someone will get a Bloody Mary in the morning after a night of drinking.

No, no. Who am I kidding. It'll be the trifecta of daytime drinks: Iced tea, Diet Pepsi, and H2O. Just show up, work hard, and work smart. That's all I can do each day.

For anyone out there who actually is celebrating (and if you are celebrating it and you read my blog you may be the only one!), all the best. Special love with another person is really something you need to hold on to when it comes along. Never take it for granted.

Enough philosophy. Time to head home. God willing, it will be quiet when I get there. I'm going to pop in Bruce Springsteen's "Valentine's Day" off the Tunnel of Love album. A very underrated album, by the way.

No comments: