Thursday, February 24, 2005

Guess I should post huh?

OK, I haven't been posting much lately. Here are some thoughts on what's been happening.

I hate playing against arrogant teams (volleyball!). Here's what happened. We dropped 2 of 3 games this week to a team that hasn't won ONCE yet! We played for another 2 hours afterward and it's just me and their team. I push my pride aside and decide to stay with them and have some dinner. They're talking about their first win in front of me. That was one thing. They pray and the guy said thanks lord for our first win. we haven't had too many of those. That was it. I left and went to rookie's and had a Jack Burger and beer. Maybe I take these things personally. But I didn't appreciate the attitude.

Gino's East is the best deep dish pizza period. If I could only convince Mom to let us get garlic along with sausage and mushrooms...

Let's see, high school and college basketball playoffs are going on. Of course both Wheaton Academy teams are 1 and done, losing to teams they'd beaten in the regular season. Kinda typical of our basektball programs. At least soccer is coming up.

College is barely better. The men are done in the first round. They're a young team, but Coach Mike Schauer is like Marty Schottenheimer or Roger Nielson, God rest his soul. Good regular seasons, and absolute crap in the playoffs. Oh well, Gordon women won over Roger Williams and will play those frickin' Endicott girls in the Commonwealth Coast Conference semi-finals. If they lose to our cross town rivals in the playoffs, it will be brutal, especially with Sarah DeLuca's final year happening now. DeLuca is the 6th leading scorer in the nation, by the way. This team needs to do something now, because it won't be happening next year.

I'll have more later.

No comments: