Sunday, February 27, 2005

Houston...

We have a problem. I was hoping to post my latest article on the Marmion-Illinois Math Science Academy basketball game, but the Einsteins in charge at Arlington Heights neglected to post my article on the website. Therefore (Jack Tunney reference, Dad), I cannot show it to you, the millions and millions of the Bar's peeps. Sorry. Needless to say it was an absolutely hideous game. No offensive flow, bad shooting, and worst of all, a dead in the water crowd. That's one of the great things about the Warrior Dome at Wheaton Academy. The bleachers are only 6 or 7 rows high on either side, but with that low ceiling, and those rabid fans it is so loud. And this is with a 5-20 team! If we can just lose that retarded Tomahawk Chop, that would be perfect.

Sticking with basketball, Gordon lost the CCC women's basketball title game on the road 70-59. Yeah it blows. But I can live with it. Maybe they'll get in the ECAC tournament. It would be nice to see my school win some kind of championship this year. We're running out of chances ths season...

Went to a performace by Tattoo of a Piercing on Friday night. The band is 4 guys I work with at CPK and they played a 1 hour and 20 minute set in a tiny record store in Batavia. It was mostly high school kids there and there were maybe 30 or 40 people there at one time and about 60 or 70 throughout the night. Mostly it was the harder rock stuff. All in all, they played well. Maybe I should add a few harmonica riffs to their sound...

The store they played at is called Kiss the Sky. It had a real punk feel to it with the people there and the available records. I did find a small country section. I found records that I brought on audio cassette when I was 10, 11, and 12 years old. Paul Brandt (My Heart Has a History, I Do), Pirates of the Mississippi (Honky Tonk Blues, Feed Jake), John Fogerty. There was a pretty good selection of stuff. The prices were a little higher than I thought they should have been. For example, there was a Neil Young live performance in Chicago. It was 2 CD's and 15 songs. It cost 35 dollars. Needless to say, I didn't make a purchase.

Jury duty is supposed to start tomorrow. I have no idea what is going to happen. I don't know if they'll pick me. I don't know what the case will be. I have no idea how long they will need me. It's a safe bet I'll be adjusting my schedule a whole lot this week.

I've got Ecclesia in a little while. This husband-wife band is going to come in and play some music for us. Their name is Dividing the Plunder. We'll see how they sound and what they bring to the service. I missed last week, because I was playing volleyball, so I'm looking forward to this one.

And I'm getting my fantasy baseball picks just about ready to go. Last year we came in 2nd in the regular season and 3rd overall. Let's have a great year. Hopefully almost as good as the Mets will...

No comments: