Wednesday, April 05, 2006

6 hours and counting

till I visit the Chicago Wolves Career Fair. I've never been to a Wolves game, although I wish I did when Brian Noonan was still on the team. I don't know what's going to happen, I just hope I make some decisions or some progress one way or another.

And I tried Coca-Cola Blak today, and that was not a type-o. It's Coke with coffee flavoring and a little vanilla and caramel. And no, they don't have diet. Now I can't stand coffee. But I have to admit, it wasn't bad. A little carbonation but not as much as a typical can of soda. 45 calories and 12 grams of sugar for an 8 ounce bottle is not that bad. A can of coke (about 12 ounces) has about 140 calories.

I actually brought a 4-pack into work and gave it to a bunch of people. 2 or 3 would not try it. 2 didn't like it, 1 or 2 loved it, and about 7 or 8 thought it was pretty good. It's one of those tastes I gues you just have to get used to. I'm not sure I would buy it again, unless I needed a real boost. As for the future of Blak, I think it will have a niche since we're in this fancy coffee era. I think it will have a decent run for a few years and then fade away. Certainly it will do better than Pepsi Kona. If you're asking what is Pepsi Kona, well, that should be your answer right there.

No comments: