Monday, April 03, 2006

Random roundabouts

Seems like I get in here once or twice a week now. And then I have a lot to write, so a lot has to get skipped over. Well, I could tell you about WrestleMania, I could tell you about Don Shula's steakhouse (I should have gotten the T-bone!), event programs that cost 20 bucks, watching hot dog shows on the Food Network for two hours on Saturday afternoon, and whatever else, but let's get to the heart of the matter.

I have two new tattoos. It's true. A Rob Van Dam on my left forearm an an Undertaker on my right one. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I don't know you. I wonder how long sprayed ink lasts...

I hope my grandaprents didn't read that paragraph, or they'd have just suffered a kuniption. I mean, you should have seen my grandmother when I visited her in a hat with long hair sticking out of the back of it, and she thought I had grown a ponytail!

I got the temp tattoos at the WWE fanfest in Schaumburg at the Woodfield Mall on Friday. I got to do loads of free activities like broadcasting a match (I have the DVD), doing a promo and my wrestling name was "The Spinner" (and it may show up on the Net soon...) and taking a picture with the WWE title belt. I saw the old I-C title, a turnbuckle eaten by George the Animal Steele, Degneneration X merchandise, and hand molds where you put your hands inside of famous people, like at the Walk of Fame. They had the Big Show and Andre The Giant. My full hand is barely as big as Andre's palm!

They also had RVD, Matt Hardy, Ashley Massarro, and Bobby Lashley signing autographs. I got there 2 hours early and still didn't come close to getting a spot in line. This wasn't as disappointing as the Benoit debacle.

Straight from there, I went to Bible study wehre I got mobs of questions about wrestling, mostly from the guys. None of them had watched it since the 80's so they're asking me about the Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage.

Amazing news. We are in the championship round of fantasy hockey. It's a miracle. I was losing all week and out of desperation I picked up both Columbus goalies for one night each in back to back games. They got the two wins I needed to climb the mountain and go over the top. as I won 4 categories to 3 after trailing 5-3 going into Sunday.

And speaking of championships, I will be in the championship match in volleyball this Sunday at Wheaton Academy, starting tme 1 p.m. While I was in Chicago, my team won 2 games to 1 over the last place team to set up my first shot at a Willow Creek sports league championship.

Mets season starts in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let's take it to the NL and hard.

No comments: