Friday, October 29, 2004

Fantasy football update

I don't have too much to say, so I thought I'd mention Blind Shock, my fantasy football team on Yahoo. I'm currently in 2nd place, which is pretty amazing. Out of my 5 wins, 3 of come by 8 points or less. TO and the Philly defense have done a lot of good for me. These are my thoughts on my guys this week and what I expect pointwise.

T. Green KC- Indy has the 32nd ranked passing defense in football. I want 2 touchdowns and 250 yards passing (17 points).
C. Martin JETS- Miami has their 2 defensive tackles back and they didn't play the Jets the last time these 2 teams played. 80 yards rushing would be a stretch, but I think he'll get 1 score. C-Mart always seems to find the endzone each week (12 points).
M. Moore Min- This one is the wild card. I picked this guy up this week and he may be that second running back I've been looking for all year. Apparently, he's set a team record for yards rushing in his first 3 games. I certainly don't want to see him kill the Giants, but they are around 20th in rushing defense and Randy Moss still isn't all the way back. Nonetheless, Minnesota will pass against the Giant suspect secondary (8 points).
T. Owens Phi- My first round pick after every running back was drafted. Give me another huge day for TO! (18 points)
R. Gardner Was- Just picked him up too with Michael Clayton of TB on a bye week. Just a fill-in (6 points).
J. McCareins JETS- Miami's passing defesne is excellent, so I can't expect too much from a guy who's done almost nothing for me. If he gets 60 yards catching or 1 score, that'll be fine (2 points).
B. Franks GB- Done nothing. Can Todd Heap come back soon enough? (2 points)
S. Janikoswki Oak- Passed Vanderjagt as my number one kicker. He's against SD and in 8 games against them, he has 13 field goals and 18 extra points. (12 points)
Phil. defense- No Jamal Lewis for Baltimore which improves my numbers considerably. I'll give the Raven offense 13 points, Philly 3 interceptions, and 2 sacks. (12 points)

79 points is a lot considering I average around 65 per week. As long as I outscore my opponent, it's fine by me. As of now, my opponent has no QB no No. 1 running back and no No. 1 WR because they're all from New Orleans and they're off this week. This one should be a cakewalk... Well off to CPK I go. And then onto the state tournament tonight. Go Warriors!!!!!

No comments: