Thursday, October 21, 2004

Welcome to the main event

So this is a blog...
Nice.

Maybe I'll stay around for a while.

I'll be going to work early tomorrow so I'll just write down a few thoughts I have now.

1) Why does it have to feel like it's 20 degrees outside when we haven't hit Halloween yet?

2) I just got a new watch, an NFL workout watch from Avon. Nice stuff. I've never worn a watch for more than 24 hours at a time in my life. Yet for some reason, I like this one. It's not too complex, but it's got that really nice blue light that glows.

3) I haven't had GOOD fried chicken in a while. There's this one place, the White House in Dixon, IL that is phenomenal. And you should taste their onion rings, hot, crispy, yet, not a heavy oily taste. But you bite into KFC and you can't tell the juice from the grease. Ahh.

4) Yanks win 3, Red Sox win 3. This will be an awesome game 7. Even if the Red Sox win it, you know what will happen? Houston wins the NL and Clemens beats Boston in Fenway in Game 7!

5) Whatever happened to everyone I knew on AIM? My old computer crashed in June and I just got a new one in mid September. I knew 20 people on AIM from college, church, etc. I think I've chatted with 4 of them in the last month. Is there some sort of abduction going on? Oh, those tycoons at Yahoo...

6) You know Ken Jennings, the guy who won 76 consecutive Jeopardy! games? (Notice you have to put the exclamation point afterwards.) Omar Minaya, meet the new manager of the New York Mets!

7) It's tough living in Illinois when so many of my friends are in New England. And as much as I work it's tough to have a social life. Tough, but I do what I can.

8) I like to write. That way, I can go back and change what I've said. I wish I could do that in my conversations each day. I could get used to this...




No comments: