Friday, October 22, 2004

I've decided not to title this one.

Well, let's see.
World Series = Boston vs. St. Louis.
Lineups
I think the Cards are better 3-5 but the Red Sox are better 1-8/9.

Pitching
Haven't heard the rotation for St. Louis yet. Boston has Wakefield Schilling and Pedro and probably Lowe. I'm guessing Williams, Marquis, Morris, Suppan. Red Sox get the edge. I like St. Louis in the bullpen. The Red Sox seem to have more, but the Cards have some guys who just get the big guys out. (Tavarez, Haren, King).

I expect a lot of 6-5 or so games. Count on some runs being scored. But I think Edgar Renteria and Jim Edmonds will have great series and I say St. Louis wins in 7.
1918 LIVES!

Good news from high school soccer playoff action. Wheaton Academy knocks off Marmion 2-1 to win the regional and is going to Somonauk (1 hour from home)to play Kaneland on Saturday. Should be pretty easy. The Knights can score, but they have no defense at all. Kind of like the New York Rangers. Then we'll probably play our buddies, St. Francis, who beat us at home last year to knock us out. Let's return the favor this year. Win that, and we're in the elite 8 state tournament. Since I'm off from work on Saturday, I may go.

Remember the White House? The fried chicken? The onion rings? The mashed potatoes? The rolls? The salad bar? OK, I haven't spent much time at the salad bar, but I hear it's good. I'm going Sunday. So I'll try to eat OK before I load up. And then I'm supposed to play volleyball that afternoon! How will I be able to move? Odds are we'll get our butts whipped again, as we're 0-3 in matches and 0-9 in individual games played. I just want to win ONE GAME! Is that too much to ask?

And of course, it's the Jets vs. the lovely Patriots. I absolutely believe the Jets can win. I just don't think it's going to happen. I think it'll be a 17-14 game or so, with a lot of turnovers and punts. But it's only Week 6. There's a lot more regular season to come. Whether Gang Green wins or loses, I won't make too big a deal out of it.

Well that's all for now. Write me some comments and let me know if this is a good read. Even if you don't think so, say it's a good read anyway.


No comments: