Sunday, October 31, 2004

2 out of 3! Volleyball rolling along

And the streak continues! After losing our first 11 games, Order on the Court (My volleyball team with Willow Creek) has won 3 of 4. We have 7 players now, and the continual rotating of players really seems to work well for us. We first did it in Match 12 and it was our first win. At least we're competitive. If you know me, you know this is an issue for me, so let me make this clear. I don't mind losing, I do mind not being able to be competitive. I think we've improved a lot and we're clicking.

We're basically the same team (mostly short, mostly female) except my boss John is on another team (the team we beat 2 of 3 today!) and we got a new guy Mike. He's my height and I call him Tipper because he never spikes the ball at the net, he just tips the ball and paints the line. It works 90 percent of the time, so no problem by me.

I also has a couple of hard slides today on the hardwood court. I don't wear kneepads, which I'm becoming inmfamous for. This is the first time I admit they might have come in handy. Something about the sound of human flesh sliding on hardwood... Doesn't sound good. Doesn't look good. Nothing good about it.
Except the ooh's and ahh's of the other players. I've always liked hearing that.



No comments: