Saturday, January 28, 2006

And Strudwick makes it 7-1!

Not a bad Saturday game for the New York hockey Rangers! 7-1 over Pittsburgh. Let's see what happens against Philly on Monday night on OLN.

I had never heard Michael Jackson's "She's Out of My Life." And after the way that guy Marcus performed it on American Idol this past week I don't ever want to hear it again. He held notes longer than I was in New York this week!

On a similar note, the country music singles charts are a total enigma. In the top 10 right now, you have five great songs, two good songs, two bad songs, and one hideous one. Naturally, the hideous song, by American Idol winner Carrie Underwood, is number one. I just have an issue with her. There were 4 or 5 people better than her in the top 12 of that show this past year. Hopefully Brad Paisley's "When I Get Where I'm Going" and especially Trace Adkins' "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" will both hit number one soon. Tim McGraw's "My Old Friend" And Keith Urban's "Tonight I Wanna Cry" are both winners in my book as well. Brooks and Dunn's "Believe" is #17 but hopefully it will keep moving forward.

What else is going on...Willow Creek volleyball starts tomorrow. Now our team has split from last year so instead of one bad team, we are now two hideous teams. I have bulked up and I am ready to layeth the spiketh down.
Looking for a movie? Avoid "Twisted" under any circumstances.
Hogan had a checkup this morning. Eyes are good, bones are good, ears are pretty good, heart is good. 14 years old and still going strong.
Early Super Bowl prediction: Pittsburgh 24, Seattle 17. Maybe this is the year the game will finally go to overtime. The key for me is can Shaun Alexander run against the 3-4 defense?


By the way did you know the two pro coaches who have been under contract longer than Bill Cowher are Bobby Cox and Jerry Sloan? I did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi buddy

Anonymous said...

I think I heard that trivia question before--very clever

Anonymous said...

glad to hear the great report on Hogan