Friday, January 20, 2006

Would someone please explain...

I'm working on the New School in NYC. Why they call it the New School, who knows. I came to the history department and I saw a class title and I just about went through the computer screen. They have a class called Burn Baby Burn: Riots and Urban Disorder Since 1863.

I mean come on now. They use "Burn Baby Burn" in a class talking about riots and conflict? What are they doing in that class? Playing disco in the background? That actually would be pretty good learning, you know. Think about all the disco era songs you could play that relate to that kind of class.

Of course, I already have. With that in mind, the People's Blogger hereby presents the Top 10 Disco Song Titles You Would Hear in the Burn Baby Burn History Class. And Disco Inferno is disqualified because it's already in the title of the class.

10) There But For the Grace of God- Machine (1979)
9) Wishing on a Star- Rose Royce (1978)
8) Where Do We Go From Here- Trammps (1974)
7) Relight My Fire- Dan Hartmann (1979)
6) Rock The Boat- Hues Corp. (1974)
5) Shame- Evelyn Champagne King (1977)
4) We Are Family- Sister Sledge (1979)
3) Nights on Broadway- Bee Gees (1975)
2) Stayin' Alive- Bee Gees (1977)
1) I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor (1978)

For the record, pardon the pun, I really don't know any of the songs between 5 and 10. The titles just worked.

No comments: