Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Are these 7 hour or 8 hour days?

Seems like more and more, my manager and supervisor both leave work at 4 and I have an hour I have to be here with basically nothing to do. Except surf the Net and blog.
Hopefully, they don't have any of those Internet scanning tools on their computer to let them know how much time we spend on here!

Just ate a Maxwell Street polish sausage sandwich for the first time. That's a big Chicago food, but I'd never had it in 10 years. Went to Portillo's in Hanover Park and I'll rate the sandwich as okay. I ate it, but I could have used a bit more mustard and the grilled onions were a little limp. The bread was incredible as always. I liked the theme of this Portillo's though. I'm used to the 1920's theme with Al Capone and all that. This was a 50's diner feel and it was a lighter, more upbeat atmosphere. Good change.

Carol's still makes the best cookies. Last night it was the cinnamon swirl. Sure I add an inch on to my waistline every time I eat one, but who cares.

If Barack Obama runs for President, I seriously hope that no voter chooses his opponent because his last name sounds like Osama.

My mom has told me she has this need to watch the Today Show in the morning and the evening news at night. Me, I can barely stand to watch the news. It's so depressing every night that I can hardly stand to look at it anymore. We live a hard enough life already. Why come home and immerse yourself in something that can damper you down even more? Sorry, but I'd rather be uninformed on the Middle East and happy in general than knowledgeable about the affairs of the world.

OK enough randomness. Great win by the Giants on Sunday over Carolina. Big big game coming up against Philly on Sunday. If they win, they're all but in the playoffs. And to the contrary, a piss-poor performance by my Jets. To realistically make the playoffs, we need to win our last 3 games and hope Jacksonville or Cincinnati go 1-2, since I don't think we'll get any tiebreakers over them. But I'd almost rather we lose another game or two than just miss the playoffs. Because even if the Jets make it, they're not beating San Diego, Baltimore, Indy, or New England on the road. And considering the talent upgrade that is necessary for so many positions, I'd be happier with the better draft spot. Bears win again, what a shock (sarcasm).

Rangers have won 3 in a row and play Philly tonight. This will e a fun race with the Rangers, Devils, and Islanders occupying the top 3 spots in the Atlantic Division. Knicks actually were losing by 30 points to a Boston team that was missing two starters last night at home. Of course they rally to within 4 points, miss more free throws than a blind high school's JV team, and commit 3 crucial turnovers down the stretch to shoot themselves in the foot.

Mets lose out on Jason Jennings, who gets traded to Houston for Willy Tavares and two top pitching prospects. Fair enough, that's a huge price Houston paid and Jennings will be a free agent after this season anyway. I guess Omar is betting the house on Phillip Humber, Mike Pelfrey, and Lastings Milledge. As the days go by, I really don't know if we're getting Barry Zito now. It's obvious we're not going to offer the most money, Texas will. But Zito would rather play in the media-heavy area and pitcher's park like New York than in a quiet area and a hitter's park like Arlington. Plus I'm sure he could find more actresses and models to date as well. If Texas offers 6 years 105 million (17.5 per), I would think the Mets could get him with 5 years, 85 million (17 per) and an option for a sixth year. If we can't get him, maybe we can take a shot on a guy like Tony Armas or Tomo Ohka. Just please don't bring that bastard Jeff Suppan here.

No comments: