Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I figured I would be busy!

But after 2 and a half hours of work, I've wiped out everything I had piled up over Christmas weekend. Now everyone say it with me now!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Oh Chicago, you can keep your Bears! You knew you were going to be great. But the upstarts of Gang Green travel down to the mud of Miami on Christmas night and defeated the Dolphins on a late field goal 13-10. Win against the hapless Raiders at home next weekend and we are in the playoffs! Mangini, Pennington, Leon, Coles, Jerricho, Mangold, D-Rob, Vilma, Bryan, Kerry, Nugent, Graham. Considering most thought this team would win 6 games or so at the start of the season, this is one great surprise.

As for the Giants who got thrashed by New Orleans, well, I'm out of words describing how lackadaisical and non existent their effort is week in and week out. Here's what Paul Zimmerman of CNN/SI had to say.

"They came into Giants Stadium and offered the game to the home team. "Here, you want it?" They proved it by dropping 10 passes. The Giants said no thank you, it would just confuse our fans. So the Saints walked away with the 30-7 win, and here's my favorite stat, the likes of which I have never seen before: New Orleans ran 54 plays in Giants' territory. And how many plays did New York run on the Saints' side? Zero."

And that's essentially how the Rangers have played hockey for the last two weeks as well. I'm convinced the same players perform for both teams.

No comments: