Monday, December 18, 2006

A fair warning

Never leave all your keys in your car even if it's safe inside your garage. Of course, to tell you that, I must have a story behind it. Very perceptive of you. Here goes.

I got home Saturday night at around 11 p.m. from work. Left everything inside, my keys, cell phone, CD's, wallet. The next day, I got up to drive to Rookie's to watch what would be a victory by my New York Jets and the greatest quarterback in football, Chad Pennington. The driver's side is locked. I thought that was odd and began to feel my palms start to sweat a little. I ran over to the passenger side. Locked. And I knew both my sets of keys were inside the car. I was trapped.

Apparently this thing just locked itself. I'm thinking it was probably that anti-theft chip that just locked the car for no apparent reason. So I somehow convinced my next door neighbor to let me borrow her Toyota Corrolla mini-van to drive to Wheaton so I could go to Ecclesia. She obviously has never seen my driving record. Seriously though, that is one generous spirit.

And after taking a few estimates from locksmiths this morning, I arranged for a generic key to be made at the Honda dealership, which should cost about 10 bucks, that will open the door. So I think I got out of that okay.

The Rangers get outscored by Toronto and New Jersey 15-3 this weekend. Embarrassing.

If the NFL season ended today, the Giants would make the playoffs. Never has there been a less deserving team.

Great job by the Jets to hang in the playoff race this long. I'm surprised they handled Minnesota on the road so easily. Now can I celebrate a Merry Christmas by beating the Dolphins on Christmas night?

My fantasy basketball teams just died in December. I have Carmelo Anthony in both of my leagues and he gets suspended 15 games in that embarrassment of a game in Madison Square Garden. Memo to the owner of MSG, Jim "Son of Cablevision" Dolan. Fire Isiah Thomas as coach and GM immediately, sell the Garden, lose some weight, and get your fat, useless carcass away from my teams.

Back to work...

No comments: