Friday, December 08, 2006

Getting through Friday

Well the service project I had hyped for Saturday is off. So if nothing else I get a little time to relax after today's grind. I did the math and I'm estimating I will be out of the house working for 17 hours. I left at 7, am at CEC now, will leave at 5, and drive down to Lombard. I'm grabbing some dimmer before I cover the basketball game. And I'll probably be home at 1 or so in the morning. Before I hit my bed tonight, I will do whatever it takes tonight to keep all the darkness inside my room. I will duct tape the blinds to the windows if I have to.

Maybe I'll be able to get some Christmas shopping done tomorrow morning. Thankfully, we're supposed to get some warmer weather which cannot come soon enough. It's to the point where you're grateful for a temperature above freezing.

I've got a couple of items reserved for me at the library. CD's include Los Lonely Boys-Sacred, ZZ Top-Rancho Texicano (gotta love a band who can rhyme the words much and tush!), and a few DVD's from the Ken Burns Baseball series.

It seems to me that the people who care about you are the ones who will take the time to point out your faults and out of compassion and care, help you deal with them. There are not enough people like that in the world. The truth is hard, but if we're not real honest with one another, how can we expect to develop real relationships. No I did not get that from Dr. Phil! That's after a rough experience Friday night at Houlihan's.

I wonder what will matter to God when my life is over. I'm sure there are a number of things he will ask of me, but what will stand out above all else? How I treated other people? What I did for him on earth? Did I discover a purpose I was called to go with?

Appreciate what you have today. Because you may not have it tomorrow. No, I didn't get this from a fortune cookie or a Hallmark card or anything, I just felt a need to write it.

And as I write this, It's 4 p.m. Which means It's 5 o' clock somewhere.

No comments: