Monday, March 21, 2005

Big weekend

At least Sunday was exciting. Let's get right to everything. First of all, my NCAA picks are as bad this year as they were good last year. Pittsburgh, Kansas, Syracuse, and LSU losing have all devastated me. I'll jump on the North Carolina State bandwagon. One because I went there, two, they beat Connecticut and three, they knocked out Connecticut. And they knocked out Connecticut!

The Mets have traded backup catcher Jason Phillips for pitcher Kaz Ishii. Another lousy Kaz on this team. Nah, I just wanted to write that. Phillips has been having a great spring, but his bat his only going to be in 60 or so games anyway. Ramon Castro is now our backup. Hopefully he can call a good game and play good defense. If Rick "the guru" Peterson can solve Ishii's control problems, we will have a very good pitcher. Then again, that's how we felt about Zambrano. And he's been just peachy.

We went 3-0 in volleyball this weekend. We did beat the worst team in the league and they only had 4 regulaars there. But we executed our shots very well. We have 3 weeks left of regular season and we may make the playoffs.

My Daily Herald fantasy baseball league happened Sunday night. I can't list my complete roster at this time because of possible waiver moves over the next week. But I will say I have very good starting pitching and good contact hitters who will hit a few homers. All in all, I'm satisfied.

Sticking with fantasy, I have 1 week left in the basketball regular seasons. I run two teams and one is in 3rd place out of 12 teams and is in the playoffs. The other team is in 6th and will probably make the playoffs. Again, basketball just is not the same. I do have Steve Francis, the Orlando guard who just got suspended for kicking a photographer. That piece of monkey crap. As the week winds down, I'll have more.

Another wonderful week of work starting up again. Hopefully this day job is winding down soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why are you so happy that NC State eliminated UConn? I can't believe that after all the complaining about volley ball, you still have a shot at the playoffs? That's pretty good. Are you becoming a Braves fan, since you said Zambrano has been peachy? That would be great: we could both be Braves fans & I could meet you in Atlanta and we could see beautiful Turner Field.