Monday, March 28, 2005

Fantasy basketball playoffs

Well let's start with basketball. We've got 2 tams in the championship brackets of the playoffs! Didn't get a first round bye in either league so I have to play both my teams this week. Here are the lowdowns.

Garden Party
6th place
Facing 3rd place team in first round match
Lost 6-3 in Week 3
Won 7-2 in Week 14

My team:
Steve Francis, Jason Kidd, Mike Miller, James Posey, Baron Davis, Brent Barry, Matt Harpring, Antonio McDyess, Emeka Okafor, Eddy Curry, Kurt Thomas, Theo Ratliff and Samuel Dalembert.

Their team:
Tyron Lue, Larry Hughes, Jimmy Jackson, Dwayne Wade, Jeff McInnis, Jamal Crawford, Joe Johnson, Dwight Howard, Chris Webber, Lebron James, Shaq, Kwame Brown, Mehmet Okur.

It's strange that a lot of the players this guy has, I have on my other team. Their team looks absolutely stacked. But I beat them once...

Clyde da King
3rd place
Facing 6th place team in first round match.
Won 5-4 in Week 3
Won 5-4 in Week 14

My team:
Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Jamal Crawford, Dwayne Wade, Brent Barry, David Wesley, Wally Szczerbiak, Josh Howard, Kurt Thomas, P.J. Brown, Eddy Curry, Stromile Swift, Mehmet Okur.

Their team:
Jeff McInnis, Morris Peterson, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Kobe Bryant, Jason Richardson, Mike Miller, Mike Dunleavy, Antonio McDyess, Chris Andersen (who I'd never heard of), Marc Jackson, Marcus Camby, Brad Miller (injured).

Personally right now I feel better about my team that finished 6th.
I'm not expecting a league championship in either league, but I'll just plug the guys into my lineup and we'll see what happens. Remember, how many you win by doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is you do enough to win.

No comments: