Saturday, March 26, 2005

Solid Seder

Well we held the Seder dinner at church last night, which was sold out at 90 people and could have been 160 people if we had more room. There was a really high demand for tickets. Basically, it was a Jewish passover-type occasion. So I get there at4:30 and the dinner starts at 5:30. Immediately, Chris McElwee (the Ecclesia pastor) says , "Hey Adam you have a car. Woud you mind going to get the food?" I thought okay. Little did I realize I would have to fit 4 big boxes as well as 2 huge brown cases full of 90 chickens and mashed potatoes and corn. Now my New York-mobile (aka my 2 door Honda Civic) is not exactly the size of a Hummer. Between leaning the seats forward , maneuvering the cases around in the backseats, suffice to say it was quite tight in there. I had to move my driver's seat way forward of where I normally set it. My knee was nearly in my stomach when I was trying to brake. And yes Dad I was fine!

But this guy came in and we went through a bunch of Jewish customs from parsley, hard-boiled eggs, cups of wine (grape juice), matzoh soup, etc. The best part was watching people eat the bread with horseradish. Now I couldn't particiapte in most of this stuff because I was setting up and serving. But I had to watch people's reactions to eating horseradish. I hadn't seen that many tears from so many people since I watched "The Passion of the Christ."

All in all, everything went smooth and it was a very good experience. Speaking of "The Passion," I watched it on DVD when I came home. Somehow, this time the brief resurrection scene got me more than anything else.

Well a big day of work is coming up and then it's Easter Sunday. God bless the readers of this blog (all 3 of you)!

Quote of the Week-
"I believe that sometimes you gotta wreck the truck to get the insurance money to make the truck payment."
Larry the Cable Guy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling me everything turned out ok