Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My thoughts on steroids and Bonds

I've done my best to avoid the steroid controversy, you know, like Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire. But I have to add a comment on Barry Bonds. Barry is not a likable guy, but a lot of people make him out to be a thug. Fine, so he's not a media suck up like Michael Jordan or Tom Brady. But don't let that take away from his ability and the tremendous job he does on the field. This guy is the best hitter I have seen in my brief lifetime and I hope he breaks the home run record. Granted I don't like him blaming the media, saying things like "You've finally got me" or "Now you can go pick on a different guy." But the media never did him any favors either. He's a frustrated man who thought he would be honored and praised as he broke record after record and now it's not happening. I don't blame him for being bitter. And with this knee injury, who knows what will happen? I think he's tired of the hassles he's been facing for years and just wants out for a while. Maybe he needs to learn to enjoy playing the game again.

No comments: