Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A few things

Well the League of Evil is under way. That would be Fantasy Baseball League #2. Last year in this league, I came in 3rd overall, mainly because I had speed with Pierre, Crawford, and Castillo. Well, this year, I have lots of solid hitting and the best pitching rotation this side of the Rockies. Tim Hudson, Curt Schilling, Ben Sheets, Oliver Perez, Brad Radke. I have Rivera and Wagner closing. My hitters include Sean Casey, Nomar, Hank Blalock, Ken Griffey Jr, Richie Sexson, and Raul Ibanez. Oh, I had the first overall draft pick and took Albert Pujols. So I'd say I'm in good shape. But I had 5 first basemen and no speed. Fortunately I just traded Lyle Overbay for Jose Reyes. I absolutely need Jose to hit some triples and steal a lot of bases. When your next highest base stealer from last year is JD Drew, well, that's not a very good thing. Now with only 8 teams in the league, it will be much more competitive this year. But if I had my choice, I'd rather win the Herald League, where I can make some cash.

It's one thing to work at a job you don't like very much. But when your boss doesn't consider you one of the "chosen ones," it makes my blood run cold. As cold as a nudist in Antarctica during winter time. This road will soon be at an end. And I won't be missing it either.

Fantasy basketball is good. My #3 team is leading 8-1. This imbasul has kept Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash on the bench all week! I'm wondering if I'm really playing against former Knick GM Scott Layden. My #6 squad is only losing 5-4, but it will be difficult to win that match. I'm way down in 3 categories and need some help in free throws and blocks to pull it out. There is a chance, I know it's only Tuesday, but it will be a difficult one.

And did you hear about the Wendy's fiasco? This woman buys a bowl of chili, bites into it, and bites into a severed finger! Safe to say that chili did not get the thumbs up. And that's proof their chili is hand-made! Also, chicken finger sales have gone down. I'm actually supposed to go there on Sunday before I play volleyball. I don't think I want to go now, I just can't put my finger on why...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up? Hand Made? Chicken Fingers? You are very clever & talented. I hope & pray you can get a full time job at some newspaper. You really are great at coming up with these catch phrases. Adios for now HB

Anonymous said...

By the way, check out www.accuradio.com--hit country--hit accucountry--great songs I think you will enjoy--the oldies are fantastic--Thanks, Dad