Friday, September 29, 2006

Another update

Exciting title I know. Well I'm typing this on my work laptop, which as I've said, is definitely my computer. Keeping in line with computers I have worked with in college, Houghton Mifflin, and the Daily Herald, this sucker shut down on me five times this morning for no apparent reason.

Working with other processors seems to help. There are 26 of us here and we can only take so much sitting inside a classroom trying to pretend we know what's being taught to us.

I actually went out for lunch with a girl from my class on Thursday. We got sandwiches from Jimmy John's and went off to a forest preserve. There were three guys there flying these little model remote control airplanes all around in the sky. And she was fascinated and I thought it was pretty neat. Now, I don't think she's the type of girl I would date, but we spent about an hour together and we both enjoyed it. Actually the cutest girl here is one of the trainers, IMO.

The quizzes are still rough. I haven't aced one yet but I'm trying. We actually played "Financial Aid" Family Feud as a review of sorts. We stunk. We got beat something like 760-40. The loss was one thing but as the questions were being asked, all I could think to myself was "How am I going to remember all of this?"

At some point, I think this will all click. It will take time and patience as any new job would well, any challenging one, anyway.

No comments: