Friday, September 22, 2006

Morning distractions

It's always a good thing when there's something going on in the world during the morning that you can check on when you need a break from work. And over the past 10 months, I've had a few. From the Winter Olympics (nothing like following curling online!), to the World Cup, and now the Ryder Cup. USA vs. Europe in golf over in Ireland. My prediction: Europe 15.5, USA 12.5.

I can't see the Giants or Jets winning this weekend against Seattle and Buffalo.

Speaking of football, Rookie's, the bar I go to when I watch football, has been completely remodeled. It used to be white walls with memorabilia all over and now the walls have that dark wooden look. It's got a classier, more homely feel to it. Still got the $1.99 cheeseburger special going in September though! And considering they are near a number of upscale bars in downtown St. Charles, this makes a lot of sense.

The weather has cooled down considerably, so much that it feels like early November instead of the middle of September. I've actually worn long sleeved shirts all week now. I don't know, I feel it should at least stay warm through the end of baseball's regular season. As cold as it gets in Illinois, September should stay at least somewhat warm.

Volleyball resumes on Sunday afternoon with a doubleheader. I'm ready to go. I'll hit the gym on Saturday for some more cardio and a few power squats to build up some more explosiveness in my legs.

Music pick: "Never Mind Me" Big and Rich

No comments: