Tuesday, September 12, 2006

That's the way it goes

I guess the biggest rewards in your life come from times when you have to take risks and/or get challenged. With the possibility of a new job, this thought is running through my mind. I had an interview for the Chicago Hounds UHL hockey team that will be playing at the new Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates. I would be an account executive, which is a nice way of saying selling tickets.

I don't mind saying I am afraid. The guy I would be working for seems like a fair guy but a little paranoid. After all, his concern is the bottom line, results. And sales is something I've been trying to get away from. But if I want to work in sports, this would be a good start. Because the challenge is just getting your foot in the door. That industry is very exclusive and if I can get in, who knows what it may lead to.

So this guy is going to call me back later this week. Somehow, I feel I'm going to get the job. I'm praying about it. But somehow, I still am fighting fear.

No comments: