Friday, September 22, 2006

NEW JOB!!!

Well, I am making my break with Houghton Mifflin. It's not a decision I wanted to make but it was necessary. No benefits, little money, not much chance for promotion. And what's more, I was getting complacent. I was doing the same thing over and over and not feeling much motivation. So I felt I had gone as far as I'm going to go there, at least for the near future. And it's not really my shortcomings, it has to do with company restructuring as well.

Now those were just reasons. I don't have any negative feelings. I had a good year there. The people were great. I had fun. I got to see that not all sales jobs are horrible. I worked in education and I got to go home for lunch at watch Urkel on television.

But I'm not in the position where I can stay with a job because it's fun or the people are nice. I need new experiences and search for what I want to do with the rest of my life. So as I start this 4-week training period on Monday, your prayers would certainly be appreciated. I will be working even more than before, but at least there will be more rewards and something new to do.

And it's raining like a hurricane outside and now my basement is starting to flood. Flood as in a solid layer of water is coming up. Anyone get any towels or a wet vacuum handy?

1 comment:

Anthony M. Weed said...

I can't say I am not in the same boat. I know I want to work in education. But I will be darned if I know which grade or subjects I would like to teach. All I can say is don't jump into the one thing you like too quick but be ready to choose when the time is right.

Your old roomie...
Anthony